Monday, February 15, 2010

Wilson's Birthday Party

The invitations



I have a cake pan that bakes individual cars, so each piece of cake was a car. I need more practice decorating the dang things!


The Track




Building time









The Cars






Wilson was so excited to saw... on your marks, get set, go!








The races were fun. All cars were not created equal. Some were really fast, others tipped over, some fell apart before the finish line and some veered to the right or left. It was fun to watch the boys, some were REALLY competitive, and others just enjoyed watching all the cars fly down the track!





























Happy Birthday to you....







Checking out their new Indiana Jones LEGO sets!














The Crew!















I was trying to figure out what to do for Wilson's birthday. What do you do with eight 4 & 5 year old boys, inside the house??? I found this site that offered to throw a LEGO race car party. They would bring the track and all of the LEGOS. Those of you that have been to our house, and have seen my boys play know that there is no need for someone to bring LEGOs. Concerning the track, I called my amazingly talented brother. I told him what I wanted, and sent him a link to the site where I had gotten the idea. He agreed to whip something up for us. He built the most amazing track for the boys! I am sure Keaton & Holden will be have race car parties in the future too! I had grand ideas of how we could paint the track, add stripes, flags and the whole kit and kaboodle. Unfortunately, with the trip to California and Ken being sick all week, all of the did not get done (not the the little boys noticed:). The party was a great success, and what a relief to be finished!

2 comments:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

The track is awesome!!!!

Anna B. said...

Kristina,

Great idea and Great job...:)