Thursday, February 18, 2010

Holden, Holden, Holden


Holden is such a character. He has such a mischievious streak. Most days I appreciate and enjoy his personality, and other days I just wonder how to raise this little boy.



A couple of weeks ago Holden told me "mom, I burped in my bum", I didn't understand what he meant, so I had him repeat it several times. The he said, "mom, I burped in my bum a lot of times, and it was cool!" I did not know how to respond without busting out laughing.



In church on Sunday, Holden was standing by me as I sat in the church pew and held Josef. Josef was standing on my lap, and Holden pulled Josef's pants down, and then laid on the floor and belly laughed. I kept telling him to be reverent, and stop laughing. All Holden wanted to do was try and pull Josef's pants down again. Then I had to take Josef to the back of the chapel and stand with him. Josef is much quieter if we stand while we hold him. While I was standing in the back of the chapel with Josef, Holden came back and stood with me. Holden then turned off the lights, thank goodness it was just the side lights. I just wonder what to do with Holden.



Then on Tuesday, Holden was at my cousins for about an hour. When I picked up he and Wilson, I found that Holden had scribbled on their ottoman with sharpie. I could have died. I helped cleaned it up a tiny bit before I had to leave and go to young women. I had been thinking about how to teach Holden not to do that again when I had an idea. Wilson and Holden's friend had invited them over to play today. I took Wilson, but Holden was not able to play. I talked to Holden about how when we do naughty things at other people's homes, that we can't go play with friends. He was upset at first, and then said that he just wanted to say sorry to Doug and Erin. Thank goodness Doug and Erin love us, and are very forgiving. It is one thing for my boys to destroy our home, but it really stinks when they destroy other people's stuff.


No comments: