Sunday, February 21, 2010

Holden's First Talk in Primary

We have been working on this talk all week. Holden knows the whole talk, but it depends on his mood how or if it is delivered. Ken and I have talked to him numerous times about how I will whisper in his ear, and then he needs to talk loudly so everyone can hear him. We have also explained the demonstrated the difference between yelling and talking to people can hear him. I guess for Holden there are only two volumes, whispering or yelling, and at this point I am not sure which one is better - especially considering the microphone. What can you expect for a silly little three year old????



Just in case you could not understand Holden this is his talk:
Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.
Jesus is my brother too! (Holden added this part)
Jesus prayed in Gethsemane, so I can be forgiven.
Jesus was resurrected, so I can live again.
I love Jesus.
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

UPDATE: Holden gave a wonderful talk. I could not have imagined him doing a better job. He was the last one to have his "turn" in his class. Holden thought it was his turn every time someone got up to speak. When it was finally his turn, he walked right up, stood on the stool, moved the microphone down to his mouth, and was ready to go! He repeated every word I whispered in his ear, at first he was a little loud, but then he settled down and spoke normally. I am so pleased with my little Holden!