Thursday, March 8, 2012

Conversations around the House

We have had some interesting conversations around our house lately. Of course, they always include at least one of the boys. I cherish these conversations, and I never want to forget them, so now they are being written!

Holden and mom, right before dinner.
Mom, "Holden, we are having hoagie sandwiches, sweet potatoes fries, and fruit for dinner. What do you want on your sandwich?"
Holden, "I just want a banana!"
Mom, "you can have a banana after dinner, but what kind of sandwich do you want?"
Holden very adamantly, "my teacher said!!!" pause
Mom, "What did your teacher say?"
Holden even more passionately this time, "MY TEACHER AT CHURCH SAID WE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE FOR OURSELVES!!!!! I AM HAVING A BANANA FOR DINNER!!!"
Mom trying to keep a straight face, "you are right, you are free to choose for yourself, but dinner is not one of those choices."
Of course, then we had a lengthy chat about what choices he is free to choose. Holden is one smart cookie!

Wilson and mom when we found out our baby is a girl.
Wilson, "how do you know it is a girl?"
Mom, "girls and boys have different privates."
Wilson, "what?"
Mom, "girls don't have a penis."
Wilson, "won't she grow one?"
Mom, "no, she won't ever grow one. Boys have a penis, and girls have a vagina."
Wilson, "how will she go pee?"
So, from there I some more explaining to do! It will be interesting to have a girl in the house with all of these boys! I am sure my boys will learn a lot from their baby sister!

Wilson and Holden while watching Lion King. When Simba goes back to Pride Rock, and it is destroyed, Holden said, "Wilson it looks like they are having a famine!" I love it when the boys are able to remember and apply something we have learned about in the scriptures to something in their life - I know it was to a movie, but it still helps me know that what they are being taught is sinking into their minds!

No comments: