Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day to Remember

Ken and the boys saying the Pledge of Allegiance this morning.
I don't think anyone will forget that day ten years ago. Kayla called me just after 6am Pacific time, and told me to turn on the TV. She was living in New York state. I couldn't believe what I saw. I was staying at my parents home, because they were on a trip with Art & Vicky in Boston. I was on the phone with Eric, when we both watched in disbelief as the Towers crumbled. I went to work, and sat with my boss listening to reports on the radio that there was another plane, in the air, headed to Washington D.C. I worked at LEGOLAND, and so part of the morning was spent walking out to Miniland to see if the Twin Towers were there (none of us could remember!) The Twin Towers had not been built in Miniland, because they were so tall that, even when built to scale, they would have looked way too tall! I ended up leaving work in the morning, picking up Evan from daycare, and spending the day with him.
My mom, dad, Art, and Vicky were in Boston. There was so much incertainty about when airplanes would fly again that they ended up renting a car, and driving home from Boston- they didn't stop to sleep at all!

No comments: