Monday, May 28, 2012

Decoration (Memorial) Day

 This morning we made the trek down to Payson.  We stopped by Wilson Elementary School, so the boys could see the school that was named after Melvin Wilson - their great-great-grandfather.  They thought it was pretty cool.

 I love this picture of Wilson and Holden - too bad Josef was asleep in the car!
 We went to the Payson City Cemetery to see the Wilson and Nebeker families.
 We put flowers by Gordon, Aurora, Melvin, and Dale B.'s headstones.  I am so grateful for my ancestors, and all that I can learn from their lives.

 The boys by my grandpa's headstone - oh, how I love that man!
We stopped by the "big" house.  There were some people working out front.  It was obvious that no one is living there currently, so with some prodding from Ken, and a little self-talk that I could be a "Diann", I walked up and talked to them.
They bought the house and are planning to restore it.  They are first going to add a basement - that is why the foundation looks like it does.  I am so happy someone is going to restore the home to what it used to be.  The bush out front is a lilac that came from Joseph Smith Sr home in Kirtland - the Dixon family owned it after the Smith's left Kirtland.  The lady I spoke with, at the home, is interested in the story, so I told her I would find out all I can and get back with her.

No comments: