Friday, February 17, 2012

Neurofeedback

Wilson unfortunately inherited my difficult of falling asleep. When he was a toddler, I could hear him in his crib gibbering to himself for about 45 minutes until he would fall asleep. This past year Fall it has been even more difficult for him. I learned about neurofeedback from a friend that had utilized the treatment for her son with ADHD. It is the process of retraining the brain. In the Fall, Ken and I decided to try it for Wilson's sleep challenges. He had two treatments, and it has really helped him fall asleep quickly. The last two weeks he has struggled again, so last night we went in for another treatment. Last night he was sleep with in 15 minutes of turning off his reading light, what a blessing!

I have struggled all my life with falling asleep, it is so FRUSTRATING! I am so grateful we have found a way to help Wilson without medication. Neurofeedback is not covered by insurance, but some day I hope that I can go too:)

This is a link to the clinic that we go to http://www.intralifeperformance.com/ . I know several people that have really been helped by this treatment.

No comments: