Saturday, May 7, 2011

19 years ago this weekend...




I can't believe it has been 19 years since I received my mission call. The letter arrived while I was in Utah for my cousin's, Emily, farewell. Eric was at home, and so he read it to me over the phone in front of lots and lots of family. He first told me Zimbabwe, I remember my Dad's face turning a funny shade of gray! Then he told me Washington Seattle Mission. Doug and Erin were there for the farewell, and had just moved to Issaquah. What a blessing to was to have them live there for my entire mission. A lot has happened, since that day, I will ALWAYS be grateful I decided to serve a mission for the Lord. That one decision has impacted my life more than any other decision that I have made! It was the best foundation I could have ever had to build my life...

1 comment:

Julie Isa said...

hey there! a great family friend just recieved his mission call to seattle, washington. have a great mothers day!