Friday, April 29, 2011

New Project Moving Right Along



Ever since we moved the red, oriental cabinet upstairs, I have wanted this space in our basement to be used efficiently. I thought it would be nice to have this as a storage, homework, and computer space. I have been watching ksl.com for some kitchen cabinets to put there. I have seen lots of used oak cabinets, and I thought about buying used and painting them (just to keep this project inexpensive). Most of the cabinets have been in Sandy, Draper, or Utah County, so I wasn't sure how we would get them home. So, for a long time I have just looked and not moved on anything I have seen.
On Saturday afternoon I took a quick peek on ksl.com, and there it was...in FARMINGTON, brand new cabinets for the same price we would have paid for the used, oak cabinets. Ken called, and we went over (about two miles from our house), and left with boxes of new cabinets! I was so excited!
Ken put all of the cabinets together, and then installed them last night (with minor help from me:) Ken has done such a great job! Now we just need a counter top, and to fill the cupboards up (that will be the easiest part!)
Stay tuned for more updates as this space evolves into the efficient use of space I wanted!

No comments: