Friday, April 15, 2011

Holden and the Playground


This afternoon Wilson, Holden, and their friend Carter were playing in the backyard on the playground. Carter came running up the stairs and said, "Kristina, Holden is peeing on the playground!" I went running down thinking that Holden had gotten stuck on the second platform and couldn't get down, so he had wet his pants. When I started to climb up the platform to help him, I noticed the lower platform was drenched. I asked Holden what had happened and he said, "but mom look my clothes aren't wet." Wilson was laughing really hard and Carter acted mortified (Carter is the only boy with three sisters!) I asked him if he had pulled his pants down to pee and he said "yes!" I took him in the house to go to timeout.

I had to calm down before I could talk to him, so I called Ken, he didn't answer, so I called my mom and dad. They, of course, had a hard time hearing the entire story, because they were both laughing so hard.

I talked to Holden about his privates, and who had seen them, I tried to explain that not only did Wilson and Carter see them, but potentially the whole neighborhood since he was so high up on the playground. I asked him why he didn't have Wilson or Carter come and get me, so I could get him down, and he could go to the bathroom in the house, he said that neither Carter nor Wilson would help him (which is very possible.) I asked him why he would pee outside and he said, "oh, mom I was trying to help you paint", I asked him what he was painting with and he said, "my pee pee."

Needless to say I have talked to Holden about his actions, and Wilson about being a help to his brother. Holden apologized to Carter, and I explained the incident to Carter's mom, who thank goodness is a great friend, and the kind of person that laughed about the situation and adores Holden.

No comments: