Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lilac Bush


I thought it was appropriate for Wilson to stand it front of the lilac bush since he gets his name from the Wilson family in Payson!




This is our lilac bush. It started as an 18 inch dry root branch. I can't believe the beautiful bush that it has grown into over the past 4 years!



When Ken and I started working on our yard, I told him I had to have a lilac bush. Honestly, I wasn't even sure what it looked like, but I knew I wanted one.



I remember my mom talking about the beautiful lilac bush next to the "big house" (no that does not mean prison) in Payson. When my mom was a little girl, she and her family lived in the "little house" next to the "big house" in Payson. Her grandparents, Melvin & Aurora (Nebeker) Wilson lived in the "big house". If I remember the story correctly, the Nebeker's brought part of the lilac bush with them when they left Nauvoo, and planted it next to their home in Payson.



I am so pleased that I have my own little lilac bush, and maybe someday it will be as big as the one in Payson!

No comments: