Monday, May 31, 2010

Boempa

















Boempa would have turned 98 today. Boempa and I celebrated many birthdays together. The most memorable was my 21st and his 80th birthday. Boempa took me to Belgium for that birthday. We had a wonderful time in Belgium and Paris. He was such a fun grandpa. When we went to family dinners, he would always take Eric and I on a walk after dinner. That may not sound like much, but that was much more fun than sitting there and listening to a bunch of adults talk!





I remember the Spring Break after Moe passed away, I went and stayed with Boempa. We had so much fun. He took me to see E.T. , and he slept and snored all the way through it. We also made dinner for Ria and Dieter - the only thing I remember making bacon wrapped prawns - they were so good. We also went to a french bakery and got eclairs and napoleons.




The vacation was cut short though....Ria was waiting for us when we got back from one of our adventures. She said I needed to get packed because my dad was at the hospital and was going to have emergency surgery. We packed and then drove straight to Tri City Hospital. My dad had an appendectomy, but his appendix had exploded when they tried to remove it. He was one sick man, and spent (I think) about 10 days in the hospital.


After my high school graduation...oh, so many years ago!


I am sure if he was still around he would get a kick out of his three great-grandsons! I can't believe Boempa would have been 98 years old - times flies!

No comments: