Friday, December 2, 2011

One Crazy Wind Storm

Early Thursday morning the wind started to blow (my boys were awake at about 1:00AM). The wind blew, and blew until about 1:00PM. The power went out at 10:00AM, and finally back on again at 8:45PM. The wind gust in Farmington were 86 MPH, with sustained winds between 50 and 60 MPH!



I decided not to send the kids to school, because I didn't think it was safe to be out with the wind and dibris. I was glad I kept them home, because the school sent a text message at 10:00AM to come pick up the kids. We stayed inside and watch dibris fly by our home. I can't believe how loud the wind was!



These three pictures were taken in downtown Farmington, so sad to see so many old trees gone! The sustained winds bent lots of street signs.







This picture was taken during the storm. I watched my neighbors RV roll into their backyard. After this picture we lost two more panels of fence.

After the wind stopped blowing...not a lot of fences left in our neighborhood!
Our mailbox flew off of its base, Ken will be fixing that:)



No comments: