Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Week of School Happenings

I thought that Wilson had overcome his anxiety with being at school ALL day, but I was wrong. Yesterday Annalise, Keaton, and Wilson walked to school together. I guess Wilson started hiding his face with his backpack from Annalise and Keaton. They kept asking him what was wrong, and finally he told them he was missing his mom. Annalise talked him into walking all the way to school, and she told him he could talk to his teacher, and maybe she would let him call me. When Annalise told me what happened, she said, "Auntie, I am only 8 years old, I didn't know what to tell him!!!"
When Keaton found out who his teacher was going to be, he was really nervous, because everyone said his teacher is mean. Yesterday I asked Keaton how it was going, and he said it was going just great, and that he really liked his teacher. He then said, "all the kids that thought she was mean must not have been following the rules!" I loved hearing that come out of his mouth, and I am really happy he likes his teacher!
We are still working with Wilson and his anxiety. I am going to take him to school, and hopefully that will help him not have the time to get sad. Wilson is such a sweet, tenderhearted little guy!

No comments: