Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MAD Hungry & Holden


Last Christmas Ken and the boys gave me the cookbook, "MAD Hungry". Lucinda has been on Martha Stewart for years, and I have always liked watching her. She always talked about her three boys, and how she loved having them cook with her. I have enjoyed her cookbook, and the other day I saw that now she has her own cooking show. I started DVRing it. It has become Holden's very favorite show to watch. He can be in his room building with LEGOs, playing computer, or coloring, but as soon as he hears the music he runs, and jumps in my lap to watch the show. He loves that two of Lucinda's boys have been on the show helping her cook. He wants to know when he will be old enough to cut up onions for me. He chats with me through the whole show, he talks about how much he loves mushrooms and pie, and really whatever they are cooking. Holden is such a passionate little guy, he drives me crazy (this morning he cuts his own hair again), but he really is a sweet little boy.
This is a quote from Lucinda, "With my new show MAD Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn, I’m continuing my journey as a mom on a mission to bring back the family meal and do it in an accessible, affordable and easy way. We all lead busy lives nowadays but our meals with our loved ones shouldn’t suffer- I’ve got a game plan filled with tips, tricks and survival techniques to bring good food filled with big taste to the table with straight-forward, simple and easy-to-follow recipes."
Tonight while Holden sat on my lap watching, "Mad hungry", he told me he wished that Josef was named Enoch. I asked him why and he replied, "because I want him to be a prophet." I then explained that there were a couple of prophets name Joseph too...Joseph Smith & Joseph that was sold into Eygpt...Holden has some random thoughts...

You can check out more information about her TV show here, or check out her blog here.

1 comment:

Brittany Noelle Scott said...

This is HILARIOUS! I love Holden! The other day, David said, "you know who Coleman looks like? He looks like Holden." and as I was posting my recent 6 month post I thought to myself, he does look a little like Holden in some of these. How funny! I can totally picture Coleman being just as crazy, active, mischievous, and curious as Holden too. Oh gosh, I'm in for it! :)