Monday, July 23, 2012

Aurora Arrived!



Aurora Portlock arrived at 10:07pm on July 19, 2012.  She weighted 7 lbs. 3 ozs., and is a petite 18 1/2 inches.
We were suppose to be induced at 7am that day, but Labor and Delivery was full, so we waited for a phone call.  They called at 2:30pm, and we got there at about 3:30pm.  By the time we did all the paperwork, and prep I was started on pitocin at 5:30pm - I was already dilated to 5 cm.  My doctor came by at 6:15pm to break my water, and I was at 6 cm.  I got an epidural at 7:30pm, and I felt the best I had in months - no back pain! At 9:30 she was ready, so we waited for the doctor.  My doctor got there at 10pm, I pushed 3 times and she was born at 10:07!!! It was the easiest labor I have had!
She is healthy and happy, and so are we!

1 comment:

Julie Isa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations!!! So excited for you guys!!! She is beautiful!