Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bountiful Basket (Literally)







I have had a few friends tell me about Bountiful Baskets, it is a food Coop. They always said they got the most amazing fresh fruits and vegetables, so I finally signed up. I ordered my stuff on Tuesday evening at http://bountifulbaskets.org/, and pick up was this morning. I was at the Temple with our youth this morning (yes met at 5am), so I wasn't able to pick up mine own stuff, but my friend did it for me. I ordered a basket ($15 random fruits and vegetables), Mexican pack($7.50) and 9 grain bread (5 loaves $10).
So this is what I got (I know this is a little crazy, but...) 4 cucumbers - 3 bell peppers - 8 apples - 5 zucchini - 2 seedless watermelon hearts - 10 pears - 1 lb. strawberries - 1 lg bunch cilantro - 11 bananas - 5 avocados - garlic - 2 yellow onions - 9 tomatillos - 5 roma tomatoes - 6 anaheim peppers - 2 jalapenos - 1 bunch green onions - large head green leaf lettuce, broccoli & tortillas!
It is like Christmas for me (and Holden that is already begging for the avocados and watermelon) - now I just need to figure out what to make and use it all!

1 comment:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

that is awesome! ya know my friend ally who writes books. well she went outside of dessert book on this latest one and 8 agents wanted it and the one she chose is the agent who put out Twilight series..crazy huh! i read the manuscripted it was called matched.. it was awesome..i even told her she would get published it was way better than the meyers books.