Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is it worth it?




This is the product of 6 hours of work. On Monday night for FHE, we met the Holmes Family and picked tomatoes at Day Farm. Last night I cleaned some of the tomatoes, and today I blanched, peeled, cooked, and steam canned 8 quarts of tomatoes with lemon juice, fresh basil (from my garden), garlic, and salt. I really hope that these 8 quarts of tomatoes make some great sauce, otherwise it was not all the time and effort.






I think Holden enjoyed having all of the fresh vegetables around. He helped himself to a tomato, and he tried some eggplant too!




1 comment:

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

Holden is an animal! Sour cream, veggies, man what's next Wilson's leg? Girls are easy..they are picky and they don't eat! ha, ha ha!